Reviewed March 2010
To improve profitability and sustainability of Esperance Port Zone grain growers.
- To develop grain products and production systems that assist growers in the Esperance Port Zone to maximise their profitability.
- To provide clear market signals to growers that reward innovation and quality.
- To achieve financial security to sustain SEPWA efforts by demonstrating value to our partners / members.
- SEPWA will drive value into the regional brand/image of our grains.
- Manage research projects to develop profitable grain production systems.
- Share knowledge to assist uptake of innovation and technology.
- Manage partners to maximise funding and value returned.
- Professionally manage the business of SEPWA.
- Provide advocacy and leadership to strengthen the brand for our grains.
Manage research projects to develop profitable grain production systems.
- Identify opportunities for profitability gains in our grain production systems.
- Continuously review our production systems to identify issues to address with research.
- Brainstorm at regional level with growers and service providers to identify and test relevance of research priorities
- Identify partners to progress research - growers, researchers, other groups, funders.
- Communicate and lobby industry and research bodies to assist projects.
- Resource research officers to deliver on projects in a timely, ethical and reliable manner.
Share knowledge to assist uptake of innovation and technology.
- Improve use of media state wide and regionally to raise profile and be seen as source of reliable information.
- Maintain the quality and popularity of field days.
- Maintain a relevant and up to date web site.
- Ensure professional publication of trial results.
- Engage members for feedback on research priorities and value of results.
- Provide summaries and hotlinks to improve e-news presentation.
- Explore new ways to communicate with members
Manage partners to maximise funding and value returned.
- Accumulate knowledge for and about our members. Build a profile of who they are, what they want, how they use info.
- Manage our partners according to their individual needs.
- Regularly communicate with all partners, sponsors and members.
- Develop strong linkages between partners and the executive members. Profile new members.
- Maximise value to SEPWA and partners by using our data to our advantage.
- Clearly articulate our value offering to our partners.
Professionally manage the business of SEPWA.
- Manage staff, maintain resources and systems.
- Ensure sound financial management through budget and reporting disciplines.
- Maintain sound corporate governance through the committee.
- Develop the Executive and Committee and support their function.
- Manage succession of committee and executive members, provide induction.
- Review and implement actions on the SEPWA strategic plan.
- Manage security of SEPWA's intellectual property - membership, trials archive.
- Ensure timely reporting and acquittals to funding providers.
- Innovate meetings, events and communication to retain and attract participation.
Provide advocacy and leadership to strengthen the brand for our grains.
Managing knowledge and relationships, access to market opportunities, perceptions vs reality of our product quality. Creating commercial opportunities for SEPWA members to drive.
- Develop relationships with end users to secure premiums for Esperance grains.
- Develop relationships with marketers and bulk handlers.
- Educate ourselves on the uses for grains of different qualities.
- Develop brand names and segregations. Adjust specs to suit end users.
- Develop relationships with Dept Food Technology in Malaysia.
- Promote our achievements and aims to raise our profile and relevance.
Being Innovative and Ethical will build our Reputation